This is one of my favorite dishes to serve with Mexican food. I can't remember where I got the recipe, so I always throw it together from memory.
- 1 TB vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 6-8 small red potatoes, small dice
- 3 pickled jalapenos, sliced into thin rounds
- A small handful of fresh oregano, or a tsp dried
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmegiano Reggiano to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add garlic clove, sauteing until fragrant.
- Add potatoes and fry until golden brown.
- Add jalapenos and oregano, salt and pepper and fry for a couple of minutes longer.
- Add shredded parmegiano on top and serve.