This was me riffing off the many chicken spaghetti casseroles out there that I knew my husband would not eat! And I had pork, not chicken, so there you go. I did cheat in this being literally "from scratch" I used condensed cream of mushroom soup as a shortcut.
- Olive oil
- diced celery
- diced onion
- 1 LB pork (I used spare ribs), chopped
- 4 roma or plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can water
- 2 cups pecorino Romano, shredded
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 LB package spaghetti cooked according to package directions.
- parmigian reggiano, shredded
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Saute the the celery and onion in olive oil until it begins to soften.
- Add the pork and brown.
- Add the tomatoes, soup, water, cheese, nutmeg, and pepper and stir together as the cheese melts.
- Combine with the cooked spaghetti and pour into a large casserole.
- Cover with aluminum and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove aluminum, sprinkle with parmesan, and cook for 5 more minutes.