Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Perfect Herbal Cuppa



(This cup is one of my mid century thrift finds!)

If you don't like herbal teas, I suggest just simmering this on the stove and letting the fragrance waft throughout the house.  I was breathing easier just waiting for the tea to finish.

Ingredients:

1 peppermint tea bag
1 chamomile tea bag
1 sprig rosemary
1/3 cup rose hips

Directions:


  1. Bring to a boil in 2 quarts of water, and then simmer for 10 minutes.
  2. Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 10 to 20 minutes--depending on how long you can wait.
  3. Pour into a tea pot and enjoy.

I steeped my herbs twice, I just made sure that I steeped the whole 20 minutes for the second batch.  

Note: I get my rose hips at our local Indian market.  Much more inexpensive than going to a health food store.  

No comments:

Post a Comment