Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Beverly Jo Sanborn's Mac N' Cheese



This week is a week that deserved some comfort food!  So this post is for all my Sanborn relatives who love this Mac N' Cheese and for all my Marlow relatives who could use some comfort.

This is my Mother-in-Law's ultra simple, ultra yummy homemade mac'n cheese recipe.  When she showed me how to make it I really couldn't believe how basic it was.  She is requested to make this for every family event from the 4th of July to Thanksgiving.  And to be fair, she got it from her Mother, so I guess I should say this is my Grandmother-in-Law's recipe.  This recipe may go back to when my Mother-in-Law wore hot pants.

Ingredients

  • 12 oz elbow macaroni
  • 1 LB cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • paprika, salt, and pepper to taste

Directions

  1. Cook macaroni according to package directions.
  2. Layer the macaroni and the cheese in about three layers, in a 9 x 12 inch casserole.
  3. Pour condensed milk evenly over the top.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
  5. If it starts to get to crispy on top cover with foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment