- 1 Tablespoon fennel seeds or several star anise
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 12 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1/4 inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 Tablespoons light brown sugar or honey
- 7 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons Darjeeling tea
- 1 cup milk
- Place all ingredients except the tea and milk in a pot.
- Cover and boil over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the tea leaves, and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add the milk and bring to a boil.
- Strain the tea into teacups and serve hot.