- 2 garlic cloves
- kosher salt
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt and White Pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
For Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Paprika to sprinkle on top
- In a mortar pound garlic and salt into a paste.
- Break egg yolk into small mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix on medium low for about a minute, until the yolk becomes pale.
- Add lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in garlic paste.
- Mixing constantly on medium low add oil a drop at a time until it starts to thicken and then in a slow and steady stream, until thick and creamy.
- Slice eggs in half and carefully scoop out yolk.
- In a small bowl mash egg yolk and stir in mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Spoon yolk back into eggs and sprinkle paprika over the top.