- 1 Quart Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 TB Lemon Juice
Prep: Line a large sieve with a layer of cheesecloth and place over a mixing bowl.
On the stove:
- Bring whole milk, heavy cream and salt to a rolling boil in a 6 quart heavy pot over moderate heat, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching.
- Add fresh lemon juice.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture curdles.
- Pour the mixture in the lined sieve and let drain 1 hour.
- Discard liquid, chill Ricotta, covered. It will keep for 2 days. Will produce 1 cup.
- Divide into 2 dessert bowls and serve with honey and cinnamon.
- Bake on top of pizza.
- Crumble on top of pasta.
- Mix with herbs or garlic and a little olive oil and spread on top of bread.