Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Garden--August 25

I was very lazy and shot these through the office window this morning!

Photobucket

The tallest okra plant is now a good foot taller than my 5 feet 8 inches. I have to stretch to pick the pods. I've started freezing okra now, because it's still producing. The tomato plants are looking scraggly and slowing down, but I still get 4 or 5 tomatoes every couple of days.

Photobucket

The purple hull peas are getting bigger by the day. I put out wire for them to climb, but they show no indication of being climbers, at this point anyway. This is a mad experiment so I have no idea. That's been half of the fun of jumping into this uneducated--everything has been a surprise.

2 comments:

  1. the garden is still looking pretty good - I gave up on my tomato plants awhile back and pulled them up.
    mom
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little garden is doing so much better than my garden. It seems very productive! I don't know what the problem with mine is this year.

    ReplyDelete