This has been one of my favorite easy dinners this summer. Just run out to the garden and grab a few small plum tomatoes and a handful of basil, run back in and break a few eggs . . . you get the idea.
- Olive oil
- 5 or 6 eggs, whisked with a little milk
- 3 or 4 small plum tomatoes
- Basil to taste
- 2 slices of provolone cheese
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil on medium high.
- Pour in the egg mixture and toss on the vegetables and herbs.
- Heat the broiler.
- Run a spatula along the side and lift up the set eggs to allow the unset to run under.
- When the eggs are set tear the cheese slices to cover and put under the broiler until golden.