Ingredients to make two 12 inch pizzas:
- 1 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cups White Flour
- 2 Cups Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp Rapid-Rise Active Dry Yeast
- Pour water into bread pan.
- Add oil.
- Sprinkle the flour over the wet ingrdients.
- Put salt and granulated sugar into separate corners.
- Make an indention in the middle of the flour and add the yeast.
- Set bread machine to basic dough setting.
- Observe dough for first 5-10 minutes of kneading to make sure that a firm ball is forming. If it is too dry, add water a TB at a time. If it is too wet, add flour a TB at a time.
- When dough is done, roll into two pizza crusts, spread a small amount of tomato sauce or tomato paste on top, and add toppings of your choice.
In the Oven: Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
My Favorite Toppings Include:
Herbs (rosemary, oregano, sage, parsley, etc.)
Prosciutto or Pancetta
Ricotta Cheese from scratch
Use your pizza dough to make an Italian flatbread--Focaccia.
- After rolling out the bread, cover for 15 minutes and allow to rise.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Dimple the bread with your fingers, cover again and allow it to rise for 20 more minutes.
- Spritz with olive oil, sprinkle on salt and herbs (I like rosemary).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and hollow sounding when tapped.