Today I'm making Panini's and Umbrian style lima beans. Here is this mornings prep work:
- 2 Tb Italian seasoning*
- 3 or 4 sun dried tomatoes diced
- 2 TB fresh Italian parsley
- 1 large clove garlic thinly sliced
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 2 cups left over pork roast, shredded
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well (combine with your hands for best results.
- Leave in the fridge until the evening meal.
Slow Cooker Umbrian Style Lima Bean Soup
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 oz bacon, chopped
- 3 TB olive oil
- 12 oz fresh or frozen lima beans
- 3 cups broth
- 1 TB tomato paste
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and microwave for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the cooked mixture, the lima beans, broth and tomato paste to the slow cooker.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- Add salt and pepper if necessary towards end of cooking.
*Note: I make my own Italian seasoning using the following recipe:
- 3 TB dried oregano
- 1 TB dried thyme
- 1 TB dried rosemary
- 1 TB garlic powder
- 1 TB onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Combine well in a bowl and store in a cool dry place.