I should call this day 6 or 7 I think. This project has produced so many leftovers for just the two of us that I'm not sure which day I'm on anymore. Anyway, here's recipe Four of the pork roast project.
- About 2 cups pork from left over pork roast.
- 1 cup broth
- 2 16 oz cans chili beans
- 2 TB spoon butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 pickled jalapeno chiles, chopped
- 4 or 5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 TB garlic powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chipotles in adobo or more to taste. You can used canned or make from scratch. (If from scratch you will have to hydrate a chipotle chile to chop and add to the sauce.)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Add the pork and beans to the slow cooker with 1 cup water. Allow to cook on high 4 hours or low 6 to 8 hours.
- About an hour and a half before you wish to serve dinner proceed with the next steps (I actually did it in the morning and refrigerated the following sauce until an hour before the chili was ready.)
- Melt the butter in the microwave in a large bowl.
- Add the onions, mix well with the butter, and microwave 3 minutes.
- Add the jalapenos, tomatoes, garlic powder, chipotles, adobo and pepper and microwave for 3 more minutes.
- Stir in the cup of milk and the cream of mushroom soup and add to the chili sauce, stirring to blend.
- Add to the crock pot and cook for 1 more hour on low.
|Creamy Adobo chipotle Sauce|