Monday, June 8, 2009

The Garden--June 8

Everything is really starting to take off now. I don't think it'll be too much longer before I'm posting up recipes using home grown veggies.

Photobucket
Cucumbers

Photobucket
Cucumber blossom

Photobucket
Cucumbers and Okra


Photobucket
Pole Beans


Photobucket
Pole Bean blossoms

Photobucket

Roma Tomatoes

There are flower's blooming all around the yard as well.

Photobucket
Camellia

Photobucket
Trumpet Vine

Photobucket
Tiger Lily

Photobucket
Athelia or Rose of Sharon

5 comments:

  1. the last photo looks like a hollyhock - is the plant really tall and the flowers on a stalk, more than one flower?
    Your garden is doing much better than mine. I have picked green beans but I have barely any tomatoes to speak of. The cucumber and zucchini are about to be pulled out of the ground as they are tiny and nothing to speak of either - too much rain I think at the beginning of May.
    Mom
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what a hollyhock looks like, but I thought this flower looked like a hybiscus?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's on a bush, not a stalk. If that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. then I would say a hibiscus also but if you didn't plant it I'm surprised, I didn't think they grew back - could be wrong.
    mom
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I feel really silly. I was eating breakfast in the backyard this morning and hello, I have one of these in my yard! It is called Athelia or Rose of Sharon, info thanks for my plant expert, aka my Dad...b/c I can never remember the name of that thing!

    ReplyDelete