Mom and Dad dropped by to visit for a little while on their way home from a trip to Little Rock yesterday . Mom very thoughtfully brought along 2 quart size bags of blueberries that she picked at my Uncle Jeff Marlow's blueberry farm outside of Hagarville, Ar. After reviewing several recipes online for blueberry pancakes, I went with my old everyday pancake recipe and just dropped 8-10 blueberries evenly on top of the pancake as it cooked on the griddle.
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 TB sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- Vegetable oil
- In a large bowl mix the first four ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl beat the egg and stir in milk and 3 TB of the vegetable oil.
- Add to the flour mixture and stir until flour is just moistened.
- Heat griddle over medium high heat and brush with oil.
- Pour batter by the 1/2 cup onto the hot skillet.
- Cook until the top bubbles, and the sides look try.
- Turn over with a flipper and cook until underside is golden.
- Serve with honey, maple syrup, or syrup of your choice.