I was very excited today when I went out to the garden and saw that I had three ripe romas. I had planned on making a recipe on another blog with my first tomatoes, but unfortunately I didn't have mozarella in the house, so I whipped this up instead, using some basil from the garden and some garlic from the farmer's market.
- Fresh egg pasta for two
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 5 Roma tomatoes, small dice
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup basil chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano grated
- Boil water for the pasta.
- Heat the garlic in the olive oil until tender, medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes, black pepper, and vinegar.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta, if using fresh this should take between 30 seconds to two minutes.
- Drain the pasta and return to pan.
- Pour the olive oil and vegetable mixture over the pasta and mix.
- Add the basil and mix.
- Add the cheese and mix.
- Serve in two bowls with additional cheese on the side.