Monday, June 15, 2009

Silk Road Cookies

Photobucket

These are spicy--and would make great Christmas cookies.

Ingredients:
  • 12 TB soften and unsalted butter
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 TB milk
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/3 cup ginger spread
  • 1 TB finely round black pepper
  • 2 tsp ground star anise
  • 2 tsp ground cloves
  • 1 tsp grated nutmeg
  • 1/8 tsp finely ground cayenne pepper
  • 3 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup plus 2 TB honey
  • 2 TB mollasses
Photobucket

Directions
  • Preheat the oven to 340 degrees.
  • Cream together the egg and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
  • Mix in the baking soda, ginger spread, black pepper, star anise, cloves, nutmeg, and,cayenne pepper
  • Mix in the flour one cup at a time.
  • Mix in the honey.
  • Mix in the molasses.
  • On a non-stick cookie sheet dot a scant teaspoon of dough, spaced 2 inches from each other.
  • Bake for 9 minutes.
  • Makes about 64 cookies.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED these cookies...ginger is one of my fav spices...I do have to add that I absolutely hate nutmeg...my all-time not fav...but I still loved these cookies. Thanks so much for bringing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome!

    I bet you could substitute cinnamon for the nutmeg. I'm thinking about fiddling with this recipe to make a cookie with five spice powder next. I love five spice.

    ReplyDelete