These are spicy--and would make great Christmas cookies.
- 12 TB soften and unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 TB milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup ginger spread
- 1 TB finely round black pepper
- 2 tsp ground star anise
- 2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp finely ground cayenne pepper
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup plus 2 TB honey
- 2 TB mollasses
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees.
- Cream together the egg and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the baking soda, ginger spread, black pepper, star anise, cloves, nutmeg, and,cayenne pepper
- Mix in the flour one cup at a time.
- Mix in the honey.
- Mix in the molasses.
- On a non-stick cookie sheet dot a scant teaspoon of dough, spaced 2 inches from each other.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Makes about 64 cookies.