I'm still trying to come up with ways to use all the pecans we got from our friend Gil who has pecan trees growing in his yard, I have a feeling I'll still have pecans when we get the next batch from him.
- 1/2 recipe basic coffeecake dough
- 3 TB melted butter
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Butter a 9 x 12 pan
- Spread about 1/4 " honey on the bottom
- Roll the dough into a 9 x 12 rectangle.
- Spread with melted butter and sprinkle heavily with cinnamon.
- Spread the nuts evenly over the dough.
- Roll the dough up and cut into 9 pieces about 1" thick, and place them cut side down in the honey lined pan.
- Let rise until double.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for a couple of minutes and then turn out to complete cooling.
I used a cookie sheet, which I placed on top of the sticky bun pan, and flipped it over and let the buns land on top of the cookie sheet, so that the honey side would be up.