- 4 Spring onions
- 2 1/2 inch piece of fresh root ginger, quartered
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 Large Carrot
- 6-8 dried mushrooms
- 6 TB miso (any color)
- 2 TB shoyu
- Bruise the spring onions and ginger.
- Boil 9 cups of water, and add all stock ingredients except for the miso and shoyu.
- Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 2 hours.
- Strain into a bowl.
- Scoop for Tb of soup stock from the pot and mix well with the miso and shoyu in a bowl.
- Stir back into the soup.
- Reduce the heat to low until ready to serve.