I've finally been getting enough okra from the garden to make some dishes.
Ingredients to serve 2 people:
- 4 oz canned or peeled fresh tomatoes
- 4 oz fresh okra
- 3 TB olive oil
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 2 tsp coriander seeds crushed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Trim stalk from okra and keep whole
- Heat oil in a saute pan nd saute the onions and the coriander 3-4 minutes, until the onions begin to color.
- Add the okra and garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Gently stir the tomatoes and sugar and simmer for about twenty minutes, until the okra is tender.
- Stir in the lemon juice and add salt and pepper to taste.