Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday Brunch--Pumpkin Pancakes



Pancakes


Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 Cups Flour
  • 2 TSP Baking Powder
  • 1 1/2 TSP Sugar
  • 3/4 TSP Salt
  • 1 TSP Nutmeg
  • 1 Cup Milk
  • 1/2 Cup Mashed Pumpkin
  • 1 Egg Beaten
  • Vegetable Oil
Directions:
  • Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl.
  • Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl.
  • Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
  • Heat the vegetable oil
  • Drop the batter in 1/4 cup quantities on a hot griddle.
  • Fry each cake until bubbles form on the top surface, then flip and cook until golden.
Serve with honey or maple syrup.

Variation:

Substitute 1/2 cup of the flour with wheat flour.

Ideas:

I usually triple my pancake recipes and toss the leftovers in a ziploc and freeze. This gives me a headstart on future meals, or a quick snack.

1 comment:

  1. I love pumpkin pancakes and have not made them lately - I do need to do that, but I have no fresh pumpkin left and will have to use the store bought canned - but will look for one that at least says organic or no additives!
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete