Saturday, March 21, 2009

Quesadillas?

quesadillas2

For a quick snack last week, when I got off work late, I made what I'll call quesadillas, for lack of a better word, using the leftover flatbread from the chicken gyros.

I'm not going to give any measurements. This is fly by the seat of your pants cooking, based totally on what odds and ends are in the fridge. The only necessity is some kind of bread and some kind of cheese.

I grated gruyere and cheddar, chopped up some green onion and parsley. Layered the ingredients between the flatbread, sprinkled on a little freshly ground black pepper, and heated up some vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.

I cooked the flatbread on either side for a couple of minutes, until the cheese was melted and the bread was golden. I served it with horseradish sauce on the side.


No comments:

Post a Comment