Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday Thinking Ahead--March 5

Fixings for Chicken Gyros
Fixings for Chicken Gyros

This weeks Thinking Ahead is very much a continuation of last week. If you will remember, I took Gourmet Magazine's March Article Birds in Hand as a challenge, and roasted two chickens last week and based my grocery list around the four recipes that were based around those two chickens. This article was intended for cooks like me who love to think ahead!

Thursday night we enjoyed
Roast Chicken with Pan Gravy from the magazine, and my own Fennel and Sourdough Dressing. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday we had leftover chicken for lunch with black eyed peas, biscuits, and my own Egg Noodles with Fennel-Pepper Sauce. Monday, and Wednesay we had Gyros with Cucumber Salsa and Tsatsiki (I was off on Tuesday, so I rummaged and saved the sandwiches for a work day).

The Chicken Gyros recipe will return to our plates later in the year when the farmer's market opens back up. It was a little out of season for the first week in March, and most of my grape tomatoes ended up in the trash as they were gray inside. Yuck!


The rest of the chicken is now up in the freezer. I'm saving it for next week when I'll make
Cheesy Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne, and Leek and Pea Risotto with Grilled Calamari.

Tuesday afternoon I rummaged through the pantry and fridge, and made up one of my trashcan pastas for lunch on Thursday and Friday to finish out the week before heading back to the grocery store.


Chicken
Chicken

Salsa
Salsa

Tzaziki
Tzaziki

No comments:

Post a Comment