Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thursday Thinking Ahead--Whole Wheat Muffins

Whole Wheat Muffins

I knew when I was off this weekend that I would be working nine days in a row before another day off. So I wanted to make sure I had an easy breakfast to grab on my way out the door. These whole wheat muffins keep well in the fridge and go easily into a ziploc to throw in my purse in the morning.

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 TB plus 2Tsp baking powder
  • 1Tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1/2 cups vegetable oil

Directions:

  • Preheat the oven to 400F.
  • Grease the cups of two twelve cup muffin-pans with a pastry brush
  • In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
  • In a small bowl beat egg slightly, then stir in milk and salad oil.
  • Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture and stir together until flour is moistened, batter should be lumpy, don't overmix.
  • Spoon batter into muffin pan cups.
  • Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
  • Makes 18-24, depending on how full you fill the muffin cups.

1 comment:

  1. great minds think alike. I always love grabbing a muffin in the morning, I just do not like to cook in the morning. I was tired of granola and made blueberry muffins yesterday with mixed grains and some ground flax seed thrown in also.
    mom
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete