I knew when I was off this weekend that I would be working nine days in a row before another day off. So I wanted to make sure I had an easy breakfast to grab on my way out the door. These whole wheat muffins keep well in the fridge and go easily into a ziploc to throw in my purse in the morning.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 TB plus 2Tsp baking powder
- 1Tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Grease the cups of two twelve cup muffin-pans with a pastry brush
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl beat egg slightly, then stir in milk and salad oil.
- Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture and stir together until flour is moistened, batter should be lumpy, don't overmix.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Makes 18-24, depending on how full you fill the muffin cups.