We've been seeing BBQ fish on the menus of local restaurants and our curiosity had been piqued. I found a couple of recipes and here's what I came up with for us to try this week.
- 1 TB butter
- 1 Cup Diced Tomatoes
- 3 LB Catfish
- 1 Cup Vinegar
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 3 or 4 chili peppers
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 Grated onion
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Heat the butter in a saucepan.
- Mash the tomatoes into the butter until soft and the ingredients blend together into a tomato sauce.
- Add vinegar, garlic, thyme, liquid smoke, grated onion, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil and cook at a light simmer for an hour.
- Cool the sauce.
- Place the fish in a dish and marinade with the cooled sauce for at least 4 hours.