- 1-2 oz rice stick noodles
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 TB water
- 1 large green onion, white part slice, green part cut into matchsticks
- 2 anchovy fillets, crushed into a paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bamboo steamer
- Cover the noodles in hot water and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring 4 quarts of water to boil.
- Scramble the eggs and the 1/2 TB water
- Add the crushed anchovies and scallions to the egg mixture.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Add the noodles to the boiling water for 30 seconds and drain.
- Rinse in cold water and mix into the omlet mixture.
- Pour into a dish that will fit your steamer.
- Steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
For banh mi:
- Cut omlet to appropriate size.
- Slice open baguette and add mayo to one side.
- Layer the omlet with shredded carrots, preserved beansprouts, mint leaves, Nuoc Cham, and/or Siricha.
What we were listening to while I made the baguettes and we ate brunch: a Charles Trenet compilation, Richard said it was like hearing Looney Tunes first thing in the morning (he loves Looney Tunes but somehow this didn't sound like a positive statement!)